In order to reach your full potential at this year's Stadium Stomp, we've enlisted the help of PT extraordinaire Shannan Ponton. He knows how to get people fit fast and we're sure you'll enjoy his 5 week training program to get you ready to take on a stadium full of stairs.
Before each session Shannan recommends a 5 minute warm up of fast walking or light jogging followed by 5-7 minutes of stretching. This is also the time to focus and get your MIND ready to train so that you get the most out of your training sessions. Once the body (and mind) is warm you can follow his training recommendations which include 3 sessions a week. And don't worry! His training program has been written with all fitness levels in mind.
So get ready to train with an expert and take on Stadium Stomp knowing that Shannan's got your back!
If you are already registered, this program will be emailed to you 6 weeks out from your event. If you can't wait or haven't yet registered, click the button!
Would you like to Stomp with Shannan at the SCG?
Yes, the man himself will be there warming up the 9:15am wave time at Stadium Stomp SCG on July 16 and setting off under the banner of "Shannan's Stompers." If you'd like to join him, simply register for the 9:15am wave time for Stadium Stomp SCG and choose "Shannan's Stompers" in your team selection (no password required).
Quick tips for stair climbing training:
- For all stair-climbing training try using a stair case with approximately 8-12 flights of stairs.
- Avoid running down stairs for training, instead walk to minimise impact on your knees.
- Try to take two steps at a time when climbing for a more efficient climb.
- Use railing if it is available (doubles as a great arm workout).
- Other useful training companions include rowing and bike riding.
- Always seek the advice of a health-care professional before commencing any new fitness regime.