Stadium Stomp SCG is all systems GO!
With the recent release of the NSW Government Reopening Roadmap, we’re thrilled to announce that Stadium Stomp SCG can go ahead on Sunday 14 November, 2021 as planned.
Under the 70 & 80 per cent double dose criteria major outdoor recreation facilities, such as the SCG, can operate with one person per 4 sqm capped at 5,000 people. Being a stadium event, with a reduced capacity of 1,600 participants, we fit nicely within these guidelines.
Stadium Stomp has been working closely with VenuesNSW to develop a comprehensive COVID Safe plan for this event.
Our key COVID-Safe principles include:
Fully Vaccinated Adults
- All participants, spectators, volunteers, event staff, suppliers, vendors (essentially everyone on site) will need to be fully vaccinated adults (16+).
- Please note that more information will be forthcoming on this.
Online Registrations and QR codes
- Online registrations are compulsory thus ensuring comprehensive participant & volunteer contact details are recorded including starting times.
- Masks mandates will follow the public health advice as at 14th November but shouldn’t be mandatory whilst participants are completing the stair climb. Mask may need to be worn at other times but this will be communicated closer to the date and updated here as needed.
Staggered Arrival and Starting Times
- Staggered arrival and start (wave) times every 15 minutes across a 3 hour period
- There will be a maximum of 130 participants per wave time of 15 minutes. Wave time capacity has been reduced from 2019-20 event levels.
Cleaning and Sanitisation
- Regular cleaning of high touch points areas/surfaces such as registration tables, toilet areas, water stations etc.
- Sanitiser readily available at numerous locations within the Expo zone and water stations
- Development of queue minimisation and spacing strategies
Communication and Education
- Enhanced education to all event staff, volunteers and suppliers in relation to COVIDSafe practices
- Enhanced communications and messaging encouraging people to be COVIDSafe when attending the Event and to discourage participants to attend if feeling unwell
We all appreciate in COVID times that there may be a few more curveballs in the coming days and weeks but we are optimistic of better times ahead. We’ll continue to keep you updated.
So in advance we send a heartfelt thanks to you, one of the 921 registered Stompers, for sticking with us during this time, your support means the world to us.
And with this we anticipate the remaining entries to sell out, so get in quick!
CLICK HERE to register now.